Anagrammy Rules - Voting
Awards > Anagrammy Rules > Voting
- Anyone can vote in the Anagrammy; regulars, occasional visitors, newbies and lurkers are all welcome.
- Voting is confidential and voters' choices will not be divulged by the Anagrammy Awardsmaster.
- Voters may only vote once per month. If you vote more than once, the duplicate votes will be removed.
- A maximum of three votes is allowed in each category.
- Voters' 1st preference will be worth 3 points.
- Voters' 2nd preference will be worth 2 points.
- Voters' 3rd preference will be worth 1 point.
- Allowed voting combinations:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd or
- 1st, 2nd or
- 1st or
- No votes in a category
- Voters must vote in at least 4 of the 6 shorter categories on the first voting page for their votes to be accepted.
- Voters may vote for their own anagrams.
- Nominees organising all their friends and family to vote for all their nominations would be considered poor form and, in blatant cases, their votes will not be accepted.
- Voting will be open for two days during the first week of each month (In February 2010, it was reduced from 3 days). Voting will occur mainly on weekdays and not on weekends.
- Votes can only be submitted using the form on the Vote Page.
- The Voting Page uses a Perl script, so that it works on all browsers. This script emails the votes to the Awardsmaster and automatically updates the Leader Board.
- There are three voting pages, one for the six shorter categories, a second for the two long ones and a third for the Rude Category.
- Before votes are submitted, they are presented to the voter for review. Voters may review and change their votes as often as they like before final submission.
Updated: February 17, 2010